Thursday, January 7, 2010

the letter C (thanks Allie)

we'll keep this going.

1. Christ-
my faith is probably something that seems cliche to put on here. but i would be a basketcase without it. I'm very thankful for God in Christ and what that means for my life. this is where I garner purpose and meaning. and Christian fellowship and family are something I particularly love.

2. Commitment-
today my list is ephemeral. I am a dedicated sort and value that in others. I like honesty and integrity and dependability and responsibility. I also like people treating each other with dignity.
today I was reminded of commitment and what it looks like. It is a lot like love. not seeking to have it's ego stroked, or self-serving, or seeking self-gratification. it is outwardly living. but I digress.

3. caramel corn and Corn in general-
so good. especially when homemade. or that brand that they sell in Cracker Barrel.
Corn anyway you cook it is fantastic. roasted, grilled, creamed, cornbread, popcorn, come on!

4. Coldplay-
yes i appear like a hipster elitist, but I like what i like. And I don't care what anyone says. so there. Parachutes? Rush of Blood to the Head? X&Y? and more?
I have a feeling that songs like Trouble and Warning Sign remind me that I will be vindicated. The Scientist reminds me that there is someone who is quality out there. somewhere. We do live in a beautiful world.

5. CS Lewis-I read the Chronicles of Narnia, and still find new things...

5.

1 comment:

Allie, Dearest said...

When "M" gets here, you should put macaroons.

I'm glad you put Coldplay, because their music is the stuff our kids will be picking for their school "millennial memories" dance, not this other stuff that's out there with funny names like "Towel With Your Apron" or "Snow on Cartoon Rabbits."