there has been a lot of talk of this movie on facebook, among friends, and in lieu of the Golden Globes.
I thought it would be fun to quickly sum up this movie in 2 songs.
One from Zooey D.'s character's perspective.
The other from Joseph G-L's character's perspective.
It should be easy to see which is which. :-)
without further ado:
Sam & Ruby- More (this song is more of a conversation that the second one is, but you're a smart audience)
Oh what a sad mistake,
that both of us have made.
believing that I could be happy
with putting my own peace of mind at sake.
don't be mad about it,
just be sad about it.
i need more, than you have to give.
oh, i could stay in this thing,
knowing there'd be no ring,
knowing that there'd be no babies that i could adore,
and teach how to sing,
don't be mad about it,
just be sad about it.
i need more, than you have to give.
i need more than a casual dating life,
i need more than a kiss or two a week.
i need more than a long goodbye at night,
someone who can show me i am what of her/his needs.
it's not about the crowds
who say that we're a fit,
how can you look in my face
and then say that you really are fine with it.
just admit to it, this ain't no way to live.
i need more than you have to give.
every relationship. is such a blessed gift.
and i could never leave holding a grudge, when i know that i've learned from it.
you are a beautiful, but i need a miracle.
i need more than you have to give.
Tonic- You Wanted More
Love is tragic
Love is bold
You will always do what you are told
Love is hard
Love is strong
You will never say that you were wrong
I dont know when I got bitter
Love is sure better when it's gone
Because you wanted more
More than I could give
More than I could handle
And a life that I can't live
You wanted more
More than I could bare
More than I could offer
And a love that isn't there
Love is color
Love is love
Love is never saying you're too proud
Love is trusting
Love is honest
Love is not a hand that holds you down
I dont know when I got bitter
Love is surely better when it's gone
Because you wanted more
More than I could handle
And a life that I can't live
You wanted more
More than I could bare
More than I could offer
And a love that isn't there
my first advent calendar!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment