Monday, January 11, 2010

GGGGood morning

1. gum (especially bubblegum)- this is a stress reliever for me. my mother taught me how to blow bubbles when i was around the age of 5, and i've been hooked ever since. i also love a good strong peppermint gum, and that clove gum at old-fashioned stores is great as well.(thumbs down to all things licorice).

2. grace. i wrote about forgiveness yesterday. to be honest, grace would take up the blog. I say read read Paul's letters to the Romans and Phillip Yancey's "What So Amazing About Grace?" if you'd like further work up on this subject.

3. garlic. along with onions, probably one of the most fantastic smells when on the stove is some butter or olive oil. i'm curious to try a recipe for garlic soup. i know, it sounds like overkill,but it is supposed to be a delicate brothy-sort of thing.

4. gossipgirl. don't ever plan on reading the books, but i shall watch the show until it is no more....and then watch re-runs. :-) i love the character development, music, and the clothes. and new york? the best.

5. Great Gatsby. actually, i was trying to find a way to fit in F. Scott Fitzgerald without adding him to the F list. I am a real fan of the jazz era,and I love everything I've read by him. I'm a big fan of imagery, and he delivers. Has anyone in Nashville been to F Scott's for the half-price menu/jazz night? I say go! It's neat. Get dressed up and go.

okay. on to conquer other things.

2 comments:

Allie, Dearest said...

We have a lot of similar tastes. I think that's something I love about you.

Wishing you were here with me or I was there with you this morning.

Unknown said...

Take my advice.... the gossip girl books are not nearly as addicting as the show. The characters just aren't as great as they are in the book. Maybe it is because we've watched the character's grow so much on the show that going back and reading the books just makes you want Blair-less Nate and sensitive Chuck, instead of stoned Nate and dumb Chuck.