Friday, January 8, 2010

and so and on and so forth

“Never allow someone to be your priority

while allowing yourself to be their option.”

Now on to the letter D:

1. Daddy:
is quite possibly my favorite man in the world (my brother is a close second). one day, if someone is deserving, the list will shift a bit, but for now, this is appropriate.
My father is an introvert and on the quiet side (a bit of the opposite of me), but he is the most dependable and honorable man I know. He has always lived by example, and has softened with age, being able to reflect on his beliefs and actions in a way that I immensely respect.
I don't have a lot sympathy for many men with their fickleness and crudeness and immaturity, because in his 20s my dad was already a husband and father and doing a good job of it. (the "we live in a different world schpeel is no excuse for arrested development, sorry).
Daddy, you're a winner.

2. Daft Punk:
happy music please? you've got it. guaranteed to remind me of Europe, of college, of sun and dancing and summer. Kanye West, leave "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" alone. (your Stronger song is a guilty-ish pleasure).

3. Dogs:
i love them. i think i have a soft spot for any sort of furry being. besides possums and rats.
Dogs, they are adorable and sweet and funny, and I am a strong believer that they have an inner dialogue that we cannot understand only because of The Fall of Man. I would like to have one at some point. Maybe a larger one that doubles as protection? For the time being, I have no where to put one, and don't have the time to dedicate to one.

4. Dark chocolate:
good for you flavanoids and yumminess all in one. now if given the option between dark chocolate and milk chocolate, i'll pick the former. it just makes things richer.

5. Driving:
if not in traffic, I love it. ideally---windows down with a breeze, or the air condition/heat on, good music or silence with my thoughts. time to think and pray and reflect.....which I don't have as much of these days.

No comments: