i've been able to make it to my small group regularly and to go to church on sundays.
i've caught up with friends via phone or skype. sent things in the mail. (my car gets fixed next week FINALLY).
Last night at small group was a time of just sharing and prayer. there are about 10 of us---6 of the ten are married couples, but they are very sweet and young and at the start of their marriages. one of each pair is in grad school of some sort, and the wives are looking for work to help in the interim.
the remainder of us are either not happy with jobs, finishing up school, or me (the rare exception---the one at the start of a career).
so last night I couldn't come up with a lot to ask for prayerwise. there is something that a few people know about and have prayed for....but i feel that praying for intern year is a moot point, since it's half way over, and God's grace has been more than sufficient.
Right now I need new dreams and goals.
I think i know what i want to do, but i'm not sure. and I have to figure out the steps to get there.
I also have still continued to break out in hives.
at any rate, one of the husbands, a very pleasant guy in social work grad school prayed for me last night.
for starters, besides my dad, i haven't had a guy pray for me in a long time. audibly. it's different prayer from women i find.
it's very concise and matter of fact, while at the same time tentative and soaked in comaraderie.
I thank God for that. That fellowship of believers is very much alive. That people don't have to know oodles about you to pray and agree with you about things you want to share. That people can be honest and share fears or concerns or hopes and dreams and we can grow together.
I'm sad that I'll be gone again for a while from this group of people.
but duty calls. or something like that. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment