having a really great conversation tonight about the systems of the world and the Kingdom....I have realized something.
besides the fact that I want to be more aware of what the Holy Spirit is trying to do through me...and that I want to be ever-maturing spiritually as well as naturally....I want to really get a handle on what holiness and consecration are.
I also want to be around people who are seeking that. in particular...I want that in the person I'm going to be building something with. Integrity, purity, and a desire to please God. Not in being right, not in his own abilities, not so wrapped up in this culture that he misses the end...which as Solomon said is to love God and keep his commandments.
It's so easy to get so caught up in the stuff of life that we miss the important things as Believers.
I'm reminded especially of both Daniel and Joseph:
Daniel: brilliant, good looking, charismatic. yet, he didn't rely on his strengths...he relied on God's provision. He was set apart...and everyone he worked with knew there was something different about him. but they trusted him and they trusted in the faithfulness of his God.
Joseph: favored despite bad circumstances left and right, and as a man he resisted consistent sexual temptation.... and these days, sadly Christians are justifying their behavior and not acting any differently from anyone else. our dating, marriage and fidelity, and even the amount of people we get involved with are a gross example to anyone who is looking for a Light.
these 2 men were key players in their societies....holding positions of great influence and authority. but they pointed everyone to the Father, and not to themselves.
oh to be like Daniel or Joseph.
my first advent calendar!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment