so everyone has been talking about The Shack. i wasn't necessarily concerned or interested with reading it because usually everyone hypes a book that isn't that great or has some twisted perspective of the way life works (look at all of oprah's book club choices...gag).
Katie happened to have it in her car, and told me I could read it since she wasn't going to get around to reading it anytime soon.
It is really something. I am really impressed/touched by the way the author expounds on The Trinity, God's sovereignty, relationship, love, and forgiveness.
I've been thinking a lot about the last three lately. in the context of not only my own life, but also in the church, and in God's interaction with us.
it's pretty mind blowing. and I've been brought to tears by many excerpts.
i guess if you want to know some of them, just let me know.
my first advent calendar!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment