Sunday, January 18, 2009

the last one to leave

Allie leaves wednesday morning/afternoon.

Katie leaves in another month.

I always liked being the last one to leave the house when my family was going on a trip. I'd make sure the lights were off, the appliances were unplugged, and that all the doors were locked.

I feel that same sort of feeling now.

When I start to pack up, I'll look around and say, "well, everything is in order, and i can close the door now."

Granted, I'm sure i'll be back in some capacity over the next few years.

I got excited today though because Dr. Brian told me about a Christian Medical group in Boston that actually connects residents at all of the Boston hospitals, complete with (yay!) a list of churches!

That is super comforting to me.

...Now if only my cold would go away.

No comments: