the eve eve of my birthday consisted of a horrendous night of consult call only trumped by the fact that I had a front tire blowout in a downpour on the interstate Saturday night. I actually now shudder to think that I easily could've died--either by hydroplaning or having someone hit me as I struggled to get my car off of the road. Of course this happened at 10 at night after a great saturday evening, and I didn't get home until 2 am, drenched to the bone and irritable.
$300 later i have a new tire and am unscathed, Thank God.
I am also now 28. it actually feels different. older. weirder.
I've definitely had better birthdays.
It wasn't bad. Just bittersweet in a way. We had a send off for a girl who is become a close friend tonight. She is moving to the west coast at the end of the week. I just feel that so much has changed in the last 5 months, and I haven't had a lot of time to catch my breath.
I don't think I've really felt grown up until now. Don't know how I feel about it.
In some ways I feel very alone.
but I don't feel horrible. I just feel sort of blase.
my first advent calendar!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment