I don't like goodbyes.
I had a host of emotional ones 2 years ago (almost to the day), when I drove away from Nashville.
hugging allie and shelby and kim and laura felt like death to be honest. I do believe we all bawled as I got in my car to drive away.
I thought I was going to get to wait another couple years until I had to do that again.
But no.
One of the first friends I made in this city not affiliated with work, moved today. all the way to California.
I remember showing up to a stranger's house in september of 2009---I had just thought I'd found a church, but knew I wouldn't be able to go to service much, so figured that getting into a small group might be better for connecting.
Fast forward 2 years and those people have become like a second family in addition to the great co-workers i have.
The Family of God at its best. whether getting up insanely early to drop me off to the airport, being a shoulder to cry on, or someone to believe with you and pray. as well as the all important laughter and eating.
Sad. that's all I can say. it seemed to happen so fast.
so as I listen to matthew perryman jones, a few tears well up. for good memories, and hope, but also a bit of loss.
I just want to bundle up my closest friends and have us all in a 10 minute radius of each other.
but alas, the times are a'changing.
my first advent calendar!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment