Monday, October 19, 2009

sometimes

there are occasions when people believe they are the expert on who someone else is. I always find it interesting when someone is adamant that an individual clearly feels this way or thinks this way or has this motive. These people with inside-knowledge don't have much grace, and don't give people room for evolution and growth. They label and place others in categories without allowing them the space to change.

I don't want to be like that. while i don't want to live with rose-colored lens on, I want to be open to the better sides of people coming to the surface. I want to hope in the renewal and maturity of individuals, and be able to accept that an originally shallow person can possibly find depth, that the self-seeking or selfish can learn to give, that a person plagued by insecurity or doubt can find confidence and hope, and that the broken and awkward can be made whole and find there niche in the world.

I want to believe in God's redeeming work that truly takes our messy lives and orders them.
for anyone who is willing and available.

No comments: