Hey y'all. I'm sitting inside a sunny café in East London right now, and as I look around me I am blown away by God's faithfulness. This is where it all began. In this very spot. Three years ago, as I interned with London City Mission for a few months, is when God first grabbed my heart to minister in Sudan. (Crazy, isn't it, that He took me all the way to London just to get me to Sudan?) So today, as I'm in between flights from my home in Alabama to my new home in Africa, I decided to stop by this center where I used to work. It brings back lots of memories. And it's just plain wonderful to see firsthand how God is faithful to fulfill the desires that He plants in our hearts. He is the Giver of all good things and the One who never changes. (James 1:17)
So I said goodbye to my family yesterday. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Leaving behind all of you and my life in the U.S. was not easy. I would not have thought that something I'm so excited and so sure about doing could be this hard. But I'm telling you, I don't think I've ever been so exhausted from crying as I was this last week or two. I take comfort in knowing this: Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him…Psalm 126
The journey so far has been perfect, and I do mean that. The really incredible thing is the peace that I have had. It feels like there's a nice comfy bubble of protection around me right now. I attribute that 100% to your prayers! Please keep them coming.
Pray for safety as I finish out my trip, flying from London to Nairobi, Kenya.
Pray for a great time of orientation and connecting with people while I am in Kenya for at least 2 weeks.
Ask God to get me into Sudan. Thank those who are walking my visa through all the Sudanese government requirements. Believe God to provide the visa just in time for me to make it into Sudan to sign an apartment lease with my new friend Kasia starting in October. (God can do that easy, don't you think?)Much love to you all; I'll be in touch again soon. May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace, as we trust in Him, so that we maoverflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Ask God to get me into Sudan. Thank God for those who are walking my visa through all the Sudanese government requirements. Believe God to provide the visa just in time for me to make it into Sudan to sign an apartment lease with my new friend Kasia starting in October. (God can do that easy, don't you think?)
Much love to you all; I'll be in touch again soon. May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace, as we trust in Him, so that we may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Lesley
my first advent calendar!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment