So here I am waiting to signout my patients/get signout on my new patients. Listening to a dance mix of music used from this year's NY fashion week. (still missed it!!)
At any rate, back to that subject.
There is something going on my life. I am becoming more averse to vulgarity. And not in the self-righteous and holier-than-thou way I was back when I was in my late teens/early 20s. It now comes from a deeper place----what am I losing by exposing myself to this or that, what am I now carrying around in my mind's eye that I didn't have before, and what gain is there in being entertained by it or aware of it?
I believe God knew (obviously) what he was doing by initially keeping us from the knowledge of good and evil. I also think that this now uphill battle to guard the heart with all diligence is very very important since we now have no other protection from the onslaught of crap in the world.
People who are better at debating than I am have lots of arguments about why they watch, listen, and read all things, but there is something to be said I believe for protecting the mind. we are not invincible. we are not as strong as we think. Flee the very appearance of evil was not a piece of advice. it was a command.
At one point in life, I felt bound by law to do what was right. Now I feel compelled by what is true to avoid the false. Christ have mercy, I don't want to forget this.
No comments:
Post a Comment