Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Elegance of the Hedgehog

I want to reccommend this book. It is quite lovely. I was warned that it was uber-cerebral, and maybe i'm just 55+ on the inside or a complete nerd or a combination of both, but I love it.

It is set in France and expounds on the meaning of existence, the idiocy of humanity, etc. I definitely say give it a try.

Because of this book, I've been thinking lately about time and being in a rush to get somewhere, instead of just BEING.

today I'm on call, and as I walked into the hospital with my headphones on, Oasis- Wonderwall came on. I immediately got a litle misty-eyed, and it was as if all of my adolescence flashed before my eyes. I cannot believe how the time has flown by...and i'm not even old. But that song's chords unlayered nights of lying in bed listening to the radio, seeing a classmate sing this song to his girlfriend in 7th grade, singing along in a bar when it came on, and playing rockband on nights past. All in one moment.

wow. eternity. all at once.

1 comment:

Tim said...

: ) I still love that song today