I had adopted what I think must be some insidious feel good theory of death. Being "natural" and part of life. To the point that I didn't really agree one Sunday when the theme of the sermon was the "unnaturalness" of death, and the reminder of it being an enemy. An enemy, Thanks be to God, that is now impotent and holds no power over Believers....but an enemy nonetheless.
We were not made to die. It is not natural. It is proof once more of a broken world. And its only purpose now is one last reminder of God working all things out for our good.
I am reminded of this because I'm just now starting to hate death again. and get angry about it. not scared, but angry.
I watched the mother of 2 college kids with a loving husband, die after years of fighting a cancer that despite all sorts of horrible therapies ravaged her and in the end won.
And now today, a lovely family who already lost one daughter 7 years ago (a friend from college) has lost their only other daughter a day ago. 2 lovely young ladies. full of life. hopeful. gone.
I can only try to hold onto God's promise of faithfulness. of wiping tears away. of redeeming the pain on this planet.
In the midst of all the evil and terribleness and activity of the evil one, I have to hold into this. or I would just quit my job. today the world doesn't feel so beautiful. it just feels out of cadence and lost.
I am the Way
Follow Me
And take My hand
And I am the Truth
Embrace Me and you'll understand
And I am the Light
And for Me you'll live again
For I am Love
I am Love
I, I am Love
-Relient K
my first advent calendar!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment