so while i am partially infirmed, I have been lying on the couch not AS bitter about life, thinking of the holiday season, and how excited i am that it is almost Christmas.
I love carols. most carols...but the ones that actually refer to Christ's birth are my favorites....closely followed by Carol of the Bells, Nutcracker Suite, Vivaldi's Winter (of the Four Seasons), and Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown's Christmas.
I love the chill in the air, and the reminder that God came and dwelt among us. I also must admit I'm a bit of a consumer (might as well be honest), so buying things to bake and share and wear or for others to wear is lots of fun for me.
Christmas cards and the excuse to touch base with far away friends, as well as parties and catching up with loved ones is so much fun.
I must decide if I'll go to NYC to see the lights and whatnot before I head home for the holidays.....I'm considering it.
I was reminded today that sometimes the only things that keep you going are doing the right thing and staying the course. I am appreciative to God for being gracious even when I can be ungrateful and impatient.
Here's to having a better attitude about the CCU.
my first advent calendar!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment