Wednesday, August 19, 2009

for a limited time only? (perhaps)

so when I go back to the wards, i most likely will not care to blog.

but for now, i have thoughts and time and energy. so why not.

I spend the afternoon on the Mainline (Bryn Mawr) in a coffeeshop reading my book of common prayer and talking to shelbsley, and picking up my Impressionist artists book that i had put down months ago.

I then faced a conundrum:
500 days of summer? or Julie & Julia?
or both?

I decided I didn't have the stomach for romantic comedy with an actual sweet guy, so i went for married couples since they can't make me feel as bad. (FALSE!)

the film was quite enjoyable. and julia child was a champ.

she didn't get married until she was practically 40....which i find comforting. and her husband was such a kind and supportive man. meryl streep did a fantastic job.

i had to hold back the desire to find the french cookbook in borders immediately. so i went to the grocery store instead, and came home and made brownies.

maybe one day i'll manage to cook roasted duck and raspberry bavarian cream.

in other news, the bryn mawr film institute is quite neat. they show all sorts of really cool films and lectures especially in the fall.

No comments: