we all know this is just not a David Bowie song.
today is ash wednesday. I was sad that I couldn't make it to the chapel service in the hospital today because we rounded until almost 1 this afternoon....but in the setting a death in the CCU a couple of days ago, this day was a reminder of the fact that we are indeed dust, and will return to it.
i grew up in a charismatic church where we didn't really acknowledge Lent at all. there was Good Friday and Easter, but Ash Wednesday and Lent were for the methodists and catholics and whatnot.
Since it is not really something I got used to doing, I've never given anything up.
I do however try to take time to reflect a bit more on the frailness of myself and the immense sacrifice Christ made during this time of waiting.
I hope to find that this becomes more imprinted on my mind and heart everyday.
my first advent calendar!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment